Search for content in message boards

Rae family

Replies: 0

Rae family

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 5:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rae
I'm looking for any relatives of Lola May Rae,born 17 February 1916.We know she or her parents are origanily from Scotland,her parents moved to Sydney Australia.Dont know if she was born there,but cant find any record of her birth there or in Scotland.From what I've heard,her parents died of a flu epidemic and she was 'adopted' by her godparents(dont know if this is fact).Henry J Smith(b:11 Sept)and Susan Smith(b:27 Aug,D:10 September 1929 in Northern Cape,South Africa).They left Sydney Australia 5 May 1922 and arrived in Durban,Kwazulu Natal,South Africa 7 June 1922.That is all the information I have.In a birthday diary she wrote this information and it looks like she lived or was born in Arncliff,11km South of Sydney.I cant find any record of her birth or census records.I dont have the names of her parents and I've tried to find info on Henry and Susan Smith but no luck so far!If anyone can help,I'll be so greatful!!Lola May Rae was my father's mother.He was 4 years old when she died and she 34.He is the youngest of 3 broter,the other two already died.My dad is ill and I would love to tell him before hy dies that I've located his ancestors!!My mail address is almaree.n@hotmail.com
Almaree Nesenberend
Somerset West,Western Cape
South Africa

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions