Search for content in message boards

All Pike/Bullock County Probate Slave records

Replies: 18

All Pike/Bullock County Probate Slave records

Posted: 17 Dec 2007 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Estate records of wills with references to slaves
I have been researching Afro American slave history in Pike/Bullock county for over 10 years and I have finally created information that will truly be of value to many of you that have an interest in this subject.

Because it is so very difficult trying to determine your family ties/heritage through slave records, I have purchased in the past the abstracts from General Estates Books 1-19 from the Historical and Genealogical Society.

In those books, they provide the names of everyone who have a will or probate record during those years. I have created a document that outlines everyone from those books that had references to slaves/their names/ the amount purchased and by whom.

I will/have made it a personal task of trying to obtain any/all probate related records especially as they are related to slave heritage. At this time, I have completed the estate records for Pike County (which of course holds the information for Bullock county) and I will be happy to transcribe or host any information for others who would like to contribute to this repository of information.

You can view/obtain this document from the website I have created. Just Copy the URL in your browser identified below.

I'm sure the document will provide a great deal of information for many of you as it has for me.

You can also view the website I've created below.

http://detajenterprise.com/genealogy/index.htm
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DelbraBrown 18 Dec 2007 1:04AM GMT 
nashclarkhist... 11 Feb 2010 2:13AM GMT 
DelbraBrown 11 Feb 2010 1:51PM GMT 
lkey27 27 Feb 2012 12:38AM GMT 
MooreSharon77... 25 Jul 2012 12:52PM GMT 
MooreSharon77... 25 Jul 2012 1:02PM GMT 
GHoneyDip 14 Mar 2010 6:25AM GMT 
DelbraBrown 8 Apr 2010 3:53PM GMT 
Anne Huffman 18 Jul 2010 3:49PM GMT 
VIPHOGANR 23 Jul 2010 3:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions