Search for content in message boards

PRUETT

Replies: 5
Posted: 28 Apr 2013 10:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pruett, Philips, Phillips, Adams, Willis
I have some information on David Philip Pruett. His name might be also spelled David Philips Pruett, or David Phillips Pruett. He is my great grandfather. My grandfather, Mealing Eugene Pruett (1910-1982) is Harwood Rosser Pruett's older brother.
My grandmother wrote down some of the ancestry. Apparently David Philips (?) Pruett was adopted by the Pruett family. Mealing Eugene Pruett (1847) was wealthy and childless. David Philips (?) came from a family of 10 children (Philips family) and they were unable to care for him. The Pruetts' adopted David and he took their name. I do not know how old he was at this time.
Unfortunately I don't know any more about it. I'm so far unable to find the Philips' ancestry.
I am also not able to find any information on Henrietta Adams. I have heard rumors in our family that she is related to John and John Quincy Adams, but I have not found anything yet. David met her on a ship to Africa on his first job as a doctor. Henrietta was the daughter of the captain of the boat. They lived in Kinston, Alabama and had 6 children. Henrietta died shortly after giving birth to twins. David remarried 6 weeks later (at Henrietta's request) to Edna Willis and had 6 more children.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barbour County Administrator 3 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
randmx 9 Oct 2007 3:16AM GMT 
JudyPruettSta... 24 Feb 2013 7:33PM GMT 
GHoneyDip 25 Feb 2013 5:24AM GMT 
JudyPruettSta... 25 Feb 2013 11:16AM GMT 
the_coughlins 29 Apr 2013 4:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions