Search for content in message boards

Thomas & James Francis married Ella & Virginia Morris 1880

Replies: 0

Thomas & James Francis married Ella & Virginia Morris 1880

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 10:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Francis Morris Downing Blackmon Clark
In 1880, two Francis brothers married two Morris sisters in a double ceremony at the home of the brides' parents, Isaac Gibson Morris and Julia Baugh, in Morrisville, Calhoun county, Alabama. Both couples lived to see their 50th Anniversaries. (I am descended from the Morris sisters' sister, Adeline "Addie" Morris Downing.)

The parents of the Francis brothers were Miller W Francis and Julia Patterson Clark. The family was of Jacksonville.

Thomas Woodson Francis (c.1858-1942) married Ella Morris (her middle name may have been Malinda) (1861-1943). They had 14 children: Thomas Morris, Julia C, Mary P, Eunice, John M, Virginia, Lucy, Evia, James C, Joseph, Charles, Helen, Hugh, & Allan. The family lived in the Polkville Morrisville area of Calhoun county but (as this part of the county became Pelham range) they moved, first to Hernando Co, FL and later to Emporia, Lyon Co, Kansas.

Thomas Woodson Francis & Ella Morris died in Kansas. At least three of their [adult] children ended up in Kansas and are buried there-- Virginia (d 1934), James C (d 1986), & John M (d. 1976).

I know other children remained in Calhoun County, most notably Mary P Francis who married a distant relative also named Thomas Woodson Francis. They had nine children, and a photo of this family from c1940 is in the Anniston Library digital photo archive. (I do NOT need info on this family).

The other couple: James Clark Francis (1855-1941) married Virginia Araminta Morris (c1863-1950)-- my mother remembers "Aunt Verg." Their children were: Miller William, James Clark Jr, John Montgomery, & Clarence Edward.

As you can see, I have quite a lot of information on this family, and even more that I didn't list here.

However, I am looking for photos of Aunt Ella and Aunt Verg (and their husbands) and relatives from "their side of the family" (Morris grandparents, Morris cousins, Downing cousins, as well as photos of their children. I am hoping one of their Francis descendents might have some photos and be willing to share scans. [Ella, Verg, and Addie had a brother, James Shadric Morris who lived in Choccolocco, as did Addie, and eventually ended up down in Florida. His wife was Gussie Blackmon.] I am also interested in scans of "original documents".

Thank you so much for any help you can provide. I really do appreciate it.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions