Search for content in message boards

Charles William Wade (aka CW or Bud Wade) and John Quitman Wade

Replies: 3

Re: Charles William Wade (aka CW or Bud Wade) and John Quitman Wade

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 10:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Charles William Wade and his wife Minnie Fiquette Wade did live in Clanton, Chilton County. He was born December 11, 1907 and died January 27, 1978 and is buried in Martin Memorial Cemetery in Clanton, Alabama. He owned three movie theaters, two in Clanton and one in Maplesville. He owned several airplanes and he, his wife and all his children were licensed pilots. His children all were licensed pilots before they were licensed to drive. He had several children one of which was a classmate of mine named Minnie Wade who graduated with me from Chilton County High School in 1959. She had at least two sister but the only name I can recall was Janie Wade who was married to Lally Bates and there were two brothers; Buddy and Cecil. Buddy operated a flying service and was also a flight instructor at the local airport after his father Charles died. I know Minnie and Janie are both dead but do not know about the other siblings. There was a James "Jim" Quitman Wade who was a successful businessman in Clanton which I wonder might have been a son of John Quitman Wade. John Quitman Wade and his wife Belle H. Wade are buried buried in Cedar Grove Methodist cemetery near Thorsby, Alabama which is just north of Clanton. According to their grave markers he was born August 06, 1868 and died August 26, 1939 and she was born April 01, 1868 and died August 30, 1961. I hope this is helpful and the persons you were looking for but I do not at present know of any family contacts to help you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gwade46 30 Dec 2009 7:45PM GMT 
cpeach54 25 Sep 2011 5:10PM GMT 
calvinandmitz... 20 Oct 2011 1:07PM GMT 
CLHay 24 Sep 2012 4:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions