Search for content in message boards

Bartlett Jackson Walker jr from Cleburne Co. AL

Replies: 3

Bartlett Jackson Walker jr from Cleburne Co. AL

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 12:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALKER, POPE, THOMPSON
I have finally figured out my line somewhat. My grandfather, Phillip C. Walker's father was Dock (Doc or Doctor) Hurt Walker, whose father was supposedly "Theo" Walker and mother "Alice" Pope. His grandfather was Bartlett Jackson Walker, Jr. BJ Walker married first to Lucinda E. Thompson Sept 1860. We believe she may be "Theo's" mother. He later married Sophia Smith in 1866. They had one daughter named Ophelia. I have been able to go back several generations; but figuring out what happened to Lucinda E. Thompson and her son "theo" has been a mystery. I do know that Doc Walker was living with BJ Walker in 1900 in Cleburne County, AL and was listed as his grandson. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again. We also do not know for sure about Theo's wife Alice. They had Dock Walker, but they literally disappear. Dock was born in 1884. We are not sure about those first names. Those were the names put on DH Walker's funeral receipt and was told to us by other family members. Probably just nicknames.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heather_colli... 17 Oct 2012 6:19AM GMT 
williamfcraig... 18 Oct 2012 5:01PM GMT 
heather_colli... 18 Oct 2012 11:52PM GMT 
heather_colli... 18 Oct 2012 11:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions