Search for content in message boards

Ben Ford

Replies: 3

Re: Ben Ford

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have taken into account that the last name may have been mispronounced. My only issue with that, is that from 1900 to 1920 the name would have been mispronounced. I can accept it once or twice, but not for 30 years straight. Solomon Ford was my grandfather and his family is correctly documented in the 1900-1920 census. In 1930 Solomon Ford passed away and his last name is listed the same as mine, Ford. On Solomon's death certificate, his father is listed as Ben Ford. Maybe im looking too deep, but im just trying to cornfirm it 100% or as close as possible.

The marriage information for Solomon Ford and Willie Lee Hogan Smith is only partially correct. Willie Hogan's mother and father are incorrectly listed. Her mother is Elizabeth Kornegay and her father was Demps (Dempsy) Hogan. The other issue that I have with the marriage record is, why was Ben's last name left off of the record.

My last baffling issue is that I know that Patsy Fort is Solomon Ford's mother and Ben Ford is Solomon Ford's father, but i cannot find any records to show a marriage of Ben Ford and Patsy Fort or that they even lived together or any other connection.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pedro19166 14 May 2012 3:13AM GMT 
dhmjmm 17 May 2012 3:09PM GMT 
thomasker2 26 Jun 2012 7:48PM GMT 
pedro19166 12 Jul 2012 12:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions