Search for content in message boards

Ben Ford

Replies: 3
Posted: 13 May 2012 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information about my great-grandfather Ben Ford. His place of birth (and date) is unknown and his place of death (and date is unknown). I am trying to confirm the name of his wife and I am seeking to find out if Ben Ford had any brothers or sisters. Some known facts that are known that might assist are as follows:

Ben had five childred:
Solomon Ford (my grandfather) an African American of light complexion born in Russellville, Alabama in 1895, and died in Detroit, Michigan in 1929. According to Solomon’s marriage record (marriage to Willie B. Hogan Smith on March 27, 1922 in Detroit, Michigan), Solomon’s father is listed only as Ben and his mother was listed as Mattie Nick.

Ellen Ford, an African American born in Alabama in1890 (possibly Tuscumbia, Alabama, where she resided in 1910). Her race is listed as Mulatto on the census. She eventually married (possibly John Johns or John Jones) and migrated to Detroit, Michigan in the 1920’s.

Joseph Ford, an African American born in Alabama in 1895 (possibly in Tuscumbia, Alabama). He eventually migrated to Detroit, Michigan in the 1920’s.

David Ford, an African American born in Alabama about 1891. He moved to the Chicago area and is believed to have joined the Nation of Islam and changed his name to David Farad.

Susan Ford, an African American born in Alabama about 1887.

Additional notes: some of the listed brothers/sisters are listed as Mulatto on the census. The mother has been identified as Patsy but the census lists her last name as Fort. It appears that it could have been a misinterpretation of the census writing.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pedro19166 14 May 2012 3:13AM GMT 
dhmjmm 17 May 2012 3:09PM GMT 
thomasker2 26 Jun 2012 7:48PM GMT 
pedro19166 12 Jul 2012 12:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic