Search for content in message boards

Family of John Vandiver and Bettie Elizabeth Ball Vandiver

Replies: 2

Family of John Vandiver and Bettie Elizabeth Ball Vandiver

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 9:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vandiver, Ball
My late mother in laws father was married twice. I have done research on my mother in laws direct line but never knew anything about her fathers first wife or children. I have just found information on them. John Vandivers first wife was Bettie Elizabeth Ball. They lived in TN, then Lauderdale, AL and by 1940 Bettie and the children lived in Colbert, AL (they divorced abt 1940). The childrens names were Dixie Mae (Staggs), Woodrow, John T., Christine, Helen and Imogene. My husbands uncle said that Bettie had moved to Memphis, TN where she worked for American Snuff Company for abt 25 years or so. She died while living there. He believes a couple of his half sisters may still be living but I don't know their married names- at least one lives around Florence, AL (I believe he said Imogene). He tells me John T died years ago- he was hit by a train, I found a death record for Dixie (died 1960) and he said Helen died from a brain tumor. If anyone has any information on any of these people please contact me. I have pictures of John I will share and would love to meet the other side of my mother in laws family and share family info. It would be nice to fill in the gaps on this Vandiver tree. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Julie Oliver 13 Jul 2012 3:19AM GMT 
conrad1943 13 Jul 2012 10:14AM GMT 
Julie Oliver 13 Jul 2012 3:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions