Search for content in message boards

George RUSSELL traveled with Davy CROCKETT and Col. WIlliam RUSSELL traved with Daniel BOONE, Connection?????

Replies: 2

George RUSSELL traveled with Davy CROCKETT and Col. WIlliam RUSSELL traved with Daniel BOONE, Connection?????

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 12:21PM GMT
Classification: Query

Hi ,

I am a descendent of William RUSSELL and Minta FOWLER who's daughter Margaret married John GIST.

I am confused after looking at the posting of info about Maj William RUSSELL .I lived in Franklin Co. , Tn. while doing research from 2002-2005 and met and befriended Sue(WAGGONER,RUSSELL,KELLY ....) at the Library genealogy section. She and I are related 6 ways. I have not talked to her in a few years and have lost all contact now. I hope all is well there as I know they were getting up in years.

I am trying to bridge this gap above William RUSSELL does he connect to Maj William RUSSELL. I also wanted to know what you have on Col. William RUSSELL connection to the Franklin Co.'s RUSSELL'S.

I thought that it was like this William RUSSELL c.1679 sent to buy land in Va. by king,,two of his sons are Col. William RUSSELL 1717 sent with Daniel BOONE and settler of Russell Co., KY., George RUSSELL c.1720 died at the Alamo with Davy CROCKETT who was brother in law to Willam BEAN through Lydia RUSSELL,daughter of William RUSSELL and Mary HENLEY.

It is listed that Maj William had a son George that was friends with Davy CROCKETT not a father .

Is the George RUSSELL that was Davy CROCKETT's friend that died with him Major William RUSSELL'S son or father?????

What DNA studies have been done regarding these men???

Thanks,
Sheri Savory
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
savorygist 13 Jan 2011 7:21PM GMT 
MartinAbrams3... 20 Nov 2011 10:43PM GMT 
clayblankensh... 20 Dec 2011 7:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions