Search for content in message boards

Stone Familiy surname in Lauderdale County Alabama (or on land prior to)

Replies: 3

Re: Stone Familiy surname in Lauderdale County Alabama (or on land prior to)

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 10:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stone, Brown, Howard
In the 1840 census listed as transcribed by xxx - pg 3 Stone, Thomas & William ...I have a question about Stone, W [William] the brackets meaning that you have added the info not on film , do you recall if you had access to other research on that man or family?
Here is some background info to help jog your memory......
There are several Stones on early platt maps for Lauderdale - including both a William and a Thomas Stone with some adjacent land parcels. Prior to 1830 there are several Stone marriages listed as taking place in the mid 1820's.
Of these, Samuel Stone who married Matilda Eaton has been traced back into Tennessee and identified by the death record of their son.
In 1830 there is only a John Stone listed with one male in column 2 , I have no idea who these two are.
in 1840 there are 2 Stones, Thomas and William . Thomas served as a Justice of the Peace in 1842. but I do not know how long he served. I know he performed marriages that year for both an Elizabeth Stone and a Jeremiah Stone ( to Susannah Howard). I have NO documents, just ancestry.com record and would love to know if they were related to Thomas or William? Jeremiah also moved to Mississippi. Also of interest is the man named Gabriel Brown who married a Frances Stone in 1833, a second marriage for him, but do not know if Frances was single or widowed. It is possible that she also is on the 1850 census with Jeremiah Stone in Mississippi.
Thomas seems to have remained in Lauderdale, Alabama but Wm did not appear again in Lauderdale. We are trying to find out :
1..if he is the Wm Stone who moved to Marshall Cty, Mississippi abt 1846? ;
2..if he and Thomas Are related?
3... is Frances Stone a sister or sister in law of William and/or Thomas?
4... and of course - who were their parents?
If you have come across anyone with information , PLEASE pass along this inquiry and my Email address.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kayrisher 31 Jul 2012 2:03PM GMT 
kayrisher 24 Aug 2012 4:11PM GMT 
kayrisher 14 Sep 2013 11:05PM GMT 
kked25 1 Jun 2014 3:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions