Search for content in message boards

Davis and Liles families

Replies: 2

Re: Davis and Liles families

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks.

I've already seen most of the census info, and unfortunately it doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. The obit info for John Arthur Liles is new info, though. But I wonder if his father Marion Liles would have been too old to be my Marion Liles. Cassie was born in 1856, and John Arthur was born in 1884, which would make him younger than a few of Cassie's children. But it's entirely possible that Marion could have fathered a child very late in life. But I can't find him in any census, either, so I don't know when he died. As for Cassie being a nickname, I had never thought of that before. After a bit more searching and some dumb luck, I think she may have had a connection to the family of Minerva Liles Hamiter. Minerva had a brother named Francis Marion Chester Liles, and I found a Roanoke, Ala., newspaper notice from 1914 about Minerva's estate where the first person put on notice about it was Cassie Davis of Atlanta. My Cassie was in Atlanta around that time. But it's only anecdotal. No proof it's the same Cassie Davis.

Anyway, thanks for the new info. It's a new place to look

-Jennifer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jennifer Gibs... 24 Dec 2012 9:49PM GMT 
thomasker2 26 Dec 2012 10:36PM GMT 
Jennifer Gibs... 27 Dec 2012 1:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions