Search for content in message boards

OSTROMS found in Mobile, AL

Replies: 0

OSTROMS found in Mobile, AL

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 5:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on the family of Minerva Ann Moore, (1849-1906), who married an OSTROM, (either his name was William Henry or Joseph Ostrom) who was a Civil War Vet. The family can be found in Denver CO for some time where it is rumoured he went to look for gold and met with an accident. The rest of the family returned to Mobile, AL.

There were 9 children in this family: Joseph L.; Sarah C.; Henrietta; Isabella; Laodice; William Henry; Zylpha Mary; Lydia Elmira & Rena. The six youngest girls are found in the 1880 census in the Prostestant Orphan's Asylum in Mobile.

Joseph L. and Wm. Henry are buried in Pine Crest Cem., Mobile, AL along with some others of their families.

Would there be any of this family still living in AL who could help me tie this branch into other Ostroms found elsewhere. I especially would like to know the name of the husband of Minerva Ann Moore and who his Ostrom parents might have been. Thanks

Sandra at: ardnas39@cogeco.ca

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions