Search for content in message boards

Thomas W. Macon and Family

Replies: 1

Thomas W. Macon and Family

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Macon Tillman Galle Moore
I am hoping to find additional information on Thomas W. Macon who married Margaret Ann Moore in 1851. They married in Mobile County. Thomas had children from a previous marriage when he lived in Pickens Co. I have no information on his first wife and have no idea if she may have died in Mobile or elsewhere. I have found burials of many of Thomas's family at Magnolia Cemetery where I had a marker installed for his son and my 3rd great grandfather Thomas Hill Macon.
Other than that my information on Thomas W. is spotty other than what I have seen in the 1860 Census. In that Census his children with Margaret were Marcus, Carrie, and Marion.
I know that Thomas W. died 1869-70 and that Margaret moved with her children to Chicago in the 1890s where they all were eventually buried.
My 3rd great grandfather Thomas Hill Macon married Cecelia Galle in 1865 after he returned from the Civil War. The only child of theirs I have not traced is George Macon born about 1879 or so.
I am descended from Thomas Hill's daughter Emily Macon. She was married to Claude T. Tillman and their daughter Willie Mae was my great grandmother.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ThisIsOurStor... 11 Nov 2012 4:26AM GMT 
geniemobile 11 Nov 2012 12:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic