Does anyone know of the Robert H. Knowles (b. August 24, 1844; d. August 31, 1919) buried at Mt. Pisgah Cemetery near Frisco City? I recently got his death certificate and there was no more info contained on it than what is on the tombstone -- nothing was mentioned about marriage or parents, only he was a farmer born in Alabama. I am wondering if he is the son of James and Sarah Knowles whom I find on the 1850 Conecuh County census.
James Knowles b: Abt. 1794 in Georgia and Sarah ?? b: Abt. 1806 in South Carolina
1. Daniel Knowles b: Abt. 1830 in Alabama; d: November 7, 1864 in Camp Chase, Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio -- married Elvira A. McWimley b: Abt. 1835 in Alabama
2. Amanda A. Knowles b: Abt. 1832 -- married James A. Jackson m: April 10, 1852 in Monroe County, Alabama
3. Sarah Knowles b: October 9, 1834 d: September 5, 1923 in Butler County, Alabama Burial: September 6, 1923 Little Escambia Baptist Church Cemetery, Flomaton, Escambia County, Alabama -- married John Duren Vickery b: December 27, 1834 d: February 25, 1901 m: December 29, 1853 in Monroe County, Alabama Burial: Little Escambia Baptist Church Cemetery, Flomaton, Escambia County, Alabama
4. Mary Ann Knowles b: Abt. 1840 -- married Benjamin H. Young b: Abt. 1819 d: January 18, 1897 in Butler County, Alabama m: July 28, 1853 in Monroe County, Alabama
5. Elizabeth Knowles b: Abt. 1844
6. Robert Knowles b: Abt. 1848
Because so many of Robert's siblings married folks in Monroe County and because his brother Daniel was in Monroe County in 1860 and because the ages on the census and on the tombstone are close, I wonder if these Roberts are one and the same.
Thanks for any help you can offer. James' son Daniel is my wife's ggg-grandfather.
Ken Johnson -- email@example.com