Search for content in message boards

Surname :English from Eliska, Monroe county, Alabama

Replies: 14

Surname :English from Eliska, Monroe county, Alabama

Posted: 4 Oct 2013 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: English /Gill
Looking for any help on my great grandfather mom and natural father , Please! My grandfather fathers name was Edgar Gill(traced back to 1890 census living with Milly Gill in Eliska ,Monroe,Al) .The family story was that his mother (Supposedly Sallie/Sally Gill whom was married to a Gilbert Gill(we do know that must is true because on Edgar Gill death certificate it list Gilbert as his dad.) Gilbert was not his biological dad ,but Arthur (Artie English) who I also found in the census records from the same area ( a white man) , we were told that everyone in the area knew the truth. His mom supposedly worked for his family, I know the (White English) owned a lot of slaves ,actually Arthur's dad Thomas English owed several slaves per the slaveholder census for the same county. We are not only related to the white english's as well as the black English's (same area). I can't seem to find any census with Edgar Gill living with either Gilbert Gill or a Sally Gill :( !
I've searched and searched and hit nothing but brick walls , and of course we've asked around and nobody seems to even be able to verify his mothers name! Grrrhhhh !!! Lol I praying that someone even someone from the English side may have or know something ! One last bit of info is that my grandfather was phoned by we think possible the county of Monroe Al or something along those lines found some type of documentation ,because they informed him that he could change his last name to English ,but he declined stating he's been a "Gill" all his life! So please help me if you can ! Thank you in advance!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
smcclain79 4 Oct 2013 9:01PM GMT 
thomasker2 4 Oct 2013 9:44PM GMT 
smcclain79 5 Oct 2013 2:04AM GMT 
lookinNlovin 10 Jan 2014 1:17AM GMT 
smcclain79 11 Jan 2014 1:08AM GMT 
smcclain79 24 May 2014 4:04AM GMT 
Jamorietwalk 25 May 2014 9:45PM GMT 
smcclain79 25 May 2014 10:40PM GMT 
smcclain79 28 May 2014 3:04AM GMT 
Jamorietwalk 31 May 2014 10:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions