Search for content in message boards

Perry Co, AL:Ancestors Willis Ellis Smith (Wife:Betty Wallace) and also his siblings and descendants

Replies: 4

Willie Ellis Smith

William Levan (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tubb, Tubbs, Smith, Wallace, Duke, Carter, of the Bibb and Perry Counties areas, Researching, Levan, Teague, ONeal, of the Marion Warren and Grundy Counties of Tennenn areas, Researching Rhodes Tubbs Hensons, Hendrix Sutton of the Walker Blount areas of Alabama
I have a Daniel Tubb that was the son of a George Smith in my Database but he is not of my Mother-In_law's line(Annie Boyce Tubb Smith). That George Smith and his wife Elizabeth
had a son Daniel Tubb b:Feb 17, 1794 in Pendleton District of SC.

As for a George Tubb in my Databse (not in my Mother In Law (Annie Boyce Tubb Smith's line though)that
had a son Daniel Tubb that was born in
Pendelton District of SC in Mar 17, 1794 and married a Matilda Sanders there.
This Daniel Tubb was on the Census for Perry Co., AL and later for Walker Co, Alabama in 1850 and 1860.

I have another Daniel Franklin Tubbs that was born in Bibb Co in abt 1835 and died July 29, 1864 at Petersburg, Va.
in the Civil War. He married a Mary Catherine Fair of Tuscalosa who as his widow later moved to Culman Co, AL

I personally could be related to the others of Tubb and Tubbs of Marion and Bibb Counties of Alabama though as I am to the Daniel Franklin Tubbs Descendants and especially those of his son Stonewall Jackson Tubbs. This relationship occurs thru my Mother Mamie E. Rhodes Levan's half sister
Fannie Victoria Rhodes Tubbs (wife of Elisha Hubert Tubbs) and to her again thru the Parrish on my fathers side/line and the Henson lines.
Ang again there is the business of my Mother In Law Annie Boyce Tubb Smith born in Bibb Co of parents James Walter Tubb and Annie Lou Duke

I have relatives by the name of Tubbs who are descended from this Daniel Franklin Tubbs and most worshiped
at the Mt Joy Baptist Church currently in
Cullan Co., Al (His son Stonewall Jackson Tubbs was influential in the founding of this Mt Joy Missionary Baptis Church
near Cullman, Alabama.
I dont have a George Tubb except for a George Tubb in my Databse (not in my Mother In Law (Annie Boyce Tubb Smith's line though)that
Pendelton District of SC in
Mar 17, 1794 and married
a Matilda Sanders there. This Daniel Tubb was on the
Census for Perry Co., AL and later for Walker Co, Alabama
in 1850 and 1860.

I have another Daniel Franklin Tubbs
that was born in Bibb Co in
abt 1835 and diedJuly 29, 1864 at Petersburg
Va in the Civil War.

He married a Mary Catherine Fair of Tuscallosa who as his
widow later moved to Culman Co, AL
could be related to the others of Tubb and Tubbs of Marion and Bibb Counties of Alabama though.

I have relatives by the name of Tubbs who are descended from this Daniel Franklin Tubbs and most worshiped
Cullan Co., Al (His son Stonewall Jackson Tubbs was influential in the founding of this Mt Joy Missionary

I dont have a George Tubb except for a George Tubb in my Databse (not in my Mother In Law (Annie Boyce Tubb Smith's line though)that
Mar 17, 1794 and married
in 1850 and 1860.

Va in the Civil War.

could be related to the others of Tubb and Tubbs of Marion and Bibb Counties of Alabama though.

Cullan Co., Al (His son Stonewall Jackson Tubbs was influential in the founding of this Mt Joy Missionary Baptis Church
near Cullman, Alabama.

Will be glad to share what Tubb and or Smith info that I have.
I can be contacted at'
205-663-9921 and my
address is William Link Levan
800 Valleyview Rd.,
Pelham, Alabama 35124
205-663-9921 (local cal in the Birmingham Metro Area)

Mar 17, 1794 and married
in 1850 and 1860.

Va in the Civil War.

near Cullman, Alabama.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Willilam Link Levan 3 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Betty Stokes 26 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
William Levan 26 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
nFrieda 23 Nov 2002 4:49AM GMT 
zzzoldoneGlor... 6 Nov 2007 8:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions