Search for content in message boards

Turnipseed/Richardson-Pickens County

Replies: 5

Turnipseed/Richardson-Pickens County

Posted: 5 Aug 2007 2:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richardson, Turnipseed, Polk, Rhodes, Randall
I know very little about my father's family. I will post what I know and what I have been told.

My grandparents, B E Richardson and Sarah Permelia Turnipseed, were married in Pickens County, Alabama on February 22, 1892. That record is in the Oak Grove Presbyterian Church record. They had a son, Benjamin Franklin Richardson born January 15, 1893 (name changed later to Benjamin E or Benjamin Erastus). A daughter was born December 24, either 1894 or 1895, Bessie Estelle Richardson.

B E Richardson died either shortly before of shortly after the birth of Bessie Estelle. Sarah wanted both her children to have their father's initials so she changed her son's name. B E and Sarah were in the process of building a home in Columbus, MS when B E (reportedly) had a heart attack and died. He was in his early 40s. The story I was told is Sarah had all of their belongings loaded onto a river barge and moved to Columbus after his death. She raised both children alone, wore black long sleeved dresses the rest of her life, gardened, and made money by sewing for others. She died in 1935.

Bessie married Henry House Polk and lived in Yazoo City, MS. They never had children. She was a teacher in Columbus, MS before her marriage and a social worker in Yazoo City.

Benjamin E Richardson married Rosa Lucille Rhodes in Columbus, MS in about 1936.

If you know anything about the Turnipseeds or Richardsons, I would like very much to know more about my family.

Thank you,
Linda Randall
Tacoma, WA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lgrrandall 5 Aug 2007 8:19PM GMT 
aleath98 19 Apr 2008 1:37PM GMT 
lgrrandall 19 Apr 2008 3:25PM GMT 
Monica Primus 13 Feb 2010 6:31PM GMT 
wcpratt3 20 Apr 2008 12:17PM GMT 
lgrrandall 20 Apr 2008 4:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions