Search for content in message boards

Lee Family

Replies: 0
Posted: 19 Dec 2012 9:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
I happened to see your old post that your great grandfather was Lafayette Lee. My great grandfather was Samuel Henry Lee born ca 1850-52 in Alabama. We have tried for yrs to definitely connect him to the right family. A great aunt thought he was son of Thomas Lee but other sources show Matthias Lee. The problem is when you look at Alabama's censuses you see Samuel and Lafayette (with appropriate ages) listed under both Thomas and Matthias. My recent DNA test showed Matthias as possible relative so I am leaning more to him being the right person. The only memory any of my family recollected was an Uncle Fate stopping by one time. That info was mentioned by my grandfathe's older sister. My grandfather, also Samuel Henry, was born a few months after his father died so he never knew him. My Samuel came to Texas and married Amanda Barnett. I have no idea if he was alone when he came because no one has any information. Have you heard any stories of Lafayette's brother coming to Texas or anything else that might give me so idea of who my line actually is. I am 78 yrs of age and was a Lee who married a Lee (no relation known YET). I would be so delighted to hear from you.

t

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions