Search for content in message boards

MITCHELL, Andrew & Susan GA > AL

Replies: 15

Re: MITCHELL, Andrew & Susan GA > AL

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 1:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mitchell
Hi Mark,

My name is Janet Keeble and my great-grandfather was Andrew D. Mitchell, grandfather- L.A. Mitchell, mother-Hazel Mitchell. My sister, Cynthia Johnson, and I traveled to Georgia and Alabama last October in search of info on Sausian and family. We visited Henryfield Cemetery! We too have many of the same questions as you. We have found no record of the father of any of Sausian's children and no record of her actually being a Mitchell. We have a copy of a letter from the 1950's that refers to her as being the daughter of Hartwell and Patsy Mitchell but this does not check out. We also have heard several stories(including from our mother and grandmother) that have been passed down that she was full blood Cherokee Indian but refused to acknowledge it. Our theory is that she may have lived with, worked for, been taken in by or adopted by the Mitchells and took their name. In short, we realize we may not be Mitchells at all!! We had decided the next step would be to try to find descendants of Andrew D's siblings and then you popped up!! We are pretty excited to here about the DNA testing you have done.

Our mother had a brother Max who had two sons, Alan and Glenn. Alan passed away a few years ago, but he had two sons as well. Several years ago, Glen hired a genealogist to research the Mitchells and she didn't really come with anything new. We would like to contact Glenn and see if he is interested in doing DNA testing since he is in the direct male line. If anything, it might help us determine if Andrew and Thomas had the same father.

Could you send me more info on the testing and any other recommendations you might have. Did you find Allisons/Ellisons from Cherokee County Georgia as well as Winston County Georgia? This is all so fascinating!

Feel free to email me at chicaslocas@aol.com.

Janet Keeble
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pehiser 12 Jan 2013 2:14AM GMT 
pehiser 12 Jan 2013 2:20AM GMT 
markmitchell2 12 Jan 2013 2:36AM GMT 
pehiser 15 Jan 2013 12:30AM GMT 
pehiser 15 Jan 2013 12:31AM GMT 
janetkeeble55 28 Jan 2013 8:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions