Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendants of George Washington Martin and his Francis

Replies: 3

Looking for descendants of George Washington Martin and his Francis

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
i am looking for any one from this line to help me with one of their sons.

i have a photo copy of my parental grandmother, Sarah Cagle Martin's first husband, Lincoln Martin's death certificate, which says that his parents were George Washington Martin and Francis.

Lincoln died in 1918, he and my grandmother married in 1903.
the problem i am having is this......except for the copy of his death certificate, i can find no record of him anywhere.....he and my grandmother and their children which in 1910, should have been 2.....show up in none of the census records in either Winston or Walker Counties, that i have looked at.

his death certificate gives no year of birth, but it does say how old he was at the time of his death......37 yrs. 4 months and 9 days.....i used that math to count back and came up with just about the very end of Aug or the first of Sept. of 1880.

the only male child fitting the year of birth for George and Francis was their son Jas. R. Martin.

my grandmother had a baby that died, the baby is buried just to the side of where my grandmother is buried....the marker reads.....

Teddie.....son of J.R. and Sarah Martin, b. Jan. 29, 1905, d. Feb. 23, 1905.

there is a James R. "Jim" Martin buried a little ways up in the cemetery at Old Bethel from where my grandmother and Teddie are buried, this man is George's father.....

did J.R. Martin change his name for some reason ? maybe because his father remarried to a much younger woman a couple of years after Francis died? could have been some bad feelings. i don't know but after the 1900 census, i cannot find any further trace of J.R. Martin, he just seems to have disappeared.

any help with this would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
esan99al 30 Apr 2012 3:50AM GMT 
PaSain 9 Sep 2012 12:21AM GMT 
jag615b 24 Jul 2013 2:28AM GMT 
esan99al 25 Jul 2013 11:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic