Search for content in message boards

Request for a Historian studying or knowlegeable about Perry .Alabama and Dallas County Alabama

Replies: 3

Request for a Historian studying or knowlegeable about Perry .Alabama and Dallas County Alabama

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Nov 2012 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Burroughs, Burris, Burros, Martin
My name is Sheila Johnson Gatling and I'm looking for information on my maternal and paternal great grandparents who lived in the Severe, Perry County area and in the Vernon, Dallas County area of Alabama. I'd like to find an historian studying the history of these areas, particularly; who were the slave holders in the area and generally a description of the everyday life of people alive in that time. Furthermore I need to find burial locations at Pleasant Grove Methodist Cemetery in Blount County and Craig Cemetery in Dallas County.I'm also looking for information on the early history of several churches in the area, notably, the Central Baptist Church, Mt Zion Baptist Church, Lillie Grove Baptist Church and Good Hope Baptist Church.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, even pointing me towards someone whose specialty is this area of Alabama history.
Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sgatling113 12 Nov 2012 1:16AM GMT 
sjs678 22 Nov 2012 2:52AM GMT 
sgatling113 22 Nov 2012 3:07AM GMT 
sjs678 22 Nov 2012 3:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions