Search for content in message boards

Sarah I. Davis and/or Josiah T. Jones

Replies: 3

Re: Sarah I. Davis and/or Josiah T. Jones

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 2:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones or Davis
Hi, I am not sure, but I think I responded to this email.
Please let me know if I am repeating myself. Thanks:

Alma Jones seems to be Josiah T. Jones' Father, and his Mother is Sarah I or J Davis. Alma was born 16 Jul 1823 in N. Carolina He died 11 Feb 1892 in Montgomery Co, AL. The 1850 Census for Montgomery Co, AL shows the Davis family. Sarah Davis is 18, Born about 1832 and Josiah T. Jones is age 1, B about 1849. Sarah is not listed as a Jones, but with her maiden name, although Josiah T is listed as a Jones??? She seems to be living with her Davis family. What is odd is that Sarah I. or J. is listed as a Davis and not a Jones, although Josiah is a Jones????? It looks as though Sarah never married Josiah, but marriage records indicate they were already married before this
census date. I can understand that Josiah would not appear on the census if he was off looking for work, which happened a lot back then. I just can't understand why
Sarah is listed as Davis, not Jones.

On the same 1850 census document for Dist. 2, Montgomery, AL
are their neighbors, the Jones family....Lotan C. Jones, age 26 B: 1824 S. Car, Carolina E. Jones, age 30 B. 1820 S. Car and Charles
Stoudemire, age 23, B: 1827 Alabama.

Maybe Lotan was his brother.

Please let me know how you look at these documents and interpret them. thanks a lot of sharing with me. I would
like to figure out how we are related once we get all this resolved.

Thanks, Tina (Tyna) Jones Key
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Key59 24 Feb 2013 6:30PM GMT 
WesternStarz 2 Apr 2013 3:58AM GMT 
Key59 3 Apr 2013 8:03PM GMT 
Key59 17 Apr 2013 9:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions