Search for content in message boards

Pearson family of Alabama, originally from South Carolina

Replies: 6

Re: Pearson family of Alabama, originally from South Carolina

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 10:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pearson, Smith
Gail,

I am also curious to know if we may be related. I have been researching the Pearson family and will share data with you. Maybe between the two of us we can discover if and how we are related. Some time ago I accessed a Pearson site done by Ronald Pearson at rpearson@sonnet.net titled Pearson's Alabama and Beyond. The tree was done by a lot of different people. I have not done all the original research but can verify that my maternal ancestor Luticia Margaret Pearson /Margaret Luticia Pearson, b. 1851in AL is my father, J. C. Smith's mother by Hampton Hilliard Smith, b. 1833, Al/GA. I have a photo of Hampton and Margaret together and a separate photo of Margaret received from relatives of my father who died in 1947 in Newton Co., TX. I never saw any grandparents on either side so I really began from "scratch" to find Smith and Pearson relatives in about 2000 when I lived in Fort Worth, TX. I found Margaret Luticia Pearson with her parents Stephen Pearson, b. 1826, AL and Sarah Cooper, b. 1828 AL in the 1850 Census in Talladega, AL. An Ivy D. Patterson, age 4, male and Shadrach, age 1, male b. AL were also listed with them. other children on the 1860 census were Ivy D. now 13, Margaret (my grandmother) 9, Benajah, 5, Joshua, 3, Riley F, 3/12 years old all born in AL. In 1870 census, Stephen Pearson and Sarah have a PO address of Childersburg, AL, Talladega Co., (my Hampton Smith lived in the same county although married to Harriet Beuford/Benford) and near the Pearsons. Margaret Luticia is now 19, Benaga J. 15, Martha M. 8. I wish to remain in contact with you and you can contact me here or at zenogo1@yahoo.com. Have to go to work. Zenna Smith living in Redmond, WA as of 4 years ago.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
karen_ware 13 Mar 2005 7:40AM GMT 
Zenna_S 14 Jun 2006 7:17PM GMT 
Karen 15 Jun 2006 6:41AM GMT 
Zenna Smith 18 Jun 2006 7:55PM GMT 
gailmarie55 17 Apr 2010 3:22PM GMT 
Zenna_S 29 Apr 2010 4:24PM GMT 
ronpea8 18 Mar 2013 3:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions