Search for content in message boards

looking for birth mother janet mack

Replies: 2

Re: looking for birth mother janet mack

kpdandy (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2003 10:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Alaska provides copies of original birth certificates to adult adoptees. With the name of the parent on the original birth certificate, apply to Bureau of Indian Affairs (Juneau Area Office) for a CDIB (Certificate Degree of Indian Blood) and information about the tribe (village) of origin. Ask BIA to give you the address of the Tribal/Village Council office for the tribe to which you belong. Ask also for the name/address of the ANCSA regional and village corporations for that tribe. Contact the tribal council and appropriate native corporations for information about your birth family. Since most villages are small, this should give you a solid lead to family members.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
janet truitt 16 Mar 2003 3:39AM GMT 
kpdandy 3 May 2003 4:02PM GMT 
gins95cobra 14 Nov 2012 5:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic