Search for content in message boards

Haines, Robert

Replies: 3

Haines, Robert

Posted: 5 Sep 2006 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Nov 2006 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: Haines, McNeil, Prina, Pryna, Ross
I am searching for information on my g grandparents, Robert (F?) Haines and Mary McNeil Haines. They lived in Nebraska, and that is where their three children were born: James H. b. 1889, John F. b. 1894 and my grandmother, Mary M. b.1893. My grandmother's given name was Minota (sp) but she took the name Mary Minota. Her father said it was an Indian name. Robert moved from Berwin (Berwyn), Custer County, NE to Leads S.D. and worked in the mines. My ggrandmother, Mary McNeil Haines died about 1902 from appendicitis. I know Mary and Robert Haines are buried in Spearfish S.D. but I don't have much information on their parents. I have heard that Robert ran away from home when he was 12. That is all I know about him. I think Mary McNeil Haines' father may have been Patrick McNeil. Her mother possibly Mary also. (notes from my aunt: Mary McNeil's parents: Mother also Mary ? (Prina or Pryna (sp)? was French Canadian, Quebec, her father James McNeil was wounded in the heel, and he was killed in the Civil War).
My grandmother seemed to think her mother, Mary McNeil Haines was born in OH. Her bothers said IA. Robert's possible birthplace being PA or IA. (according to what they listed on census records). After Mary McNeil Haines died, my grandmother was placed in homes of relatives to help with work and child care. I believe she lived in Omaha, NE, and probably other places as well. I think the boys stayed with their father. As adults, James and John lived in Washington State, and my grandmother, Mary M. Ross lived in Idaho.
Any help would be appreciated on Robert and Mary (McNeil) Haines and their ancestors.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ajncs65 6 Sep 2006 1:19AM GMT 
ajncs65 28 Jan 2009 6:34PM GMT 
pammy314 5 Aug 2009 8:12PM GMT 
ajncs65 5 Aug 2009 10:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions