Search for content in message boards

Ole Anna Benson/ Hazel Benson etc.

Replies: 2

Re: Ole Anna Benson/ Hazel Benson etc.

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 10:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Tordis! This is Hazel (Benson) Baker's grandson, Wyatt Baker, I just happened to see this when I googled my great-grandmother Oleanna (Enge) Benson. I know that this was posted several years ago and I know that you did eventually find my grandmother and you corresponded with her right before she died.

First, I wanted to thank you for the initiative that you took to research our family and contact my grandmother. I know that you brought her great joy in her final months of life.

Secondly, I am actually in Juneau, Alaska right now doing some family research of my own. I had always wanted to come out here and explore my family history (because it is so unknown to most of my family) but I never had the opportunity, but now I just recently graduated from my university studies and I finally found the opportunity to do so. So here I am, in the birthplace of my grandmother and the home of your aunt! I wanted to let you know that I found Oleanna's grave here in Juneau! After doing some reaserch out here and finding some very helpful city volunteers, I found her grave! I couldn't believe my eyes when I found it...after all of these years...but there she was! She is buried in the Evergreen Cemetery right under a beautiful lilac bush and her gravestone reads, "Anna Beloved Wife of W.J. Benson 1881-1921 Rest In Peace".

I was wondering if you could tell me all that you know about my great-grandmother Oleanna (Enge) Benson (you can email me at wyatt.abaker@gmail.com). Because while I'm here, I would love to find out as much as I can about her! Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Wyatt Baker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sissendr1 28 Nov 2008 11:26PM GMT 
mjeffers 4 Dec 2008 12:06AM GMT 
wyattabaker 3 Sep 2010 4:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions