Search for content in message boards

Hyland R Lamphere

Replies: 4

Hyland R Lamphere

Posted: 14 May 2012 11:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lamphere
Hello,

I have started with Ancestry.com to find out more information on my dads (Tracy Lamphere) family. I am sticking with Lamphere's for now. I am at a brick wall with Hyland Roosevelt Lamphere who is my Great Grandfather. I have heard rumors of him leaving for Alaska from Vermont and living there around 1966, Kodiak I believe.

I found some supporting documentation that he in fact was in Kodiak, AK in 1966 via an obituary of his father William M Lamphere who passed 9 Feb 1966.

The strange thing is other than early census records I do not have any death information. Now I heard a rumor of him taking off to Alaska with another female (or meeting a new one there) and heard that in a couple of years he and this woman would be killed outside of a bar in AK. I am trying to verify this or at least find any form of information on his death.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows please feel free to email me nicklamphere@gmail.com. I am also posting this in the Alaska forums.

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas Lamphere
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nicholas Lamp... 14 May 2012 5:55PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 15 May 2012 9:31AM GMT 
Nicholas Lamp... 15 May 2012 2:54PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 15 May 2012 3:10PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 15 May 2012 3:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions