Search for content in message boards

Dovie Clementine Thomas McDuffie missing in Alaska

Replies: 4

Re: Dovie Clementine Thomas McDuffie missing in Alaska

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
A special thanks to both of you for your research work. I, or we, as I am in contact with the person who's tree you referred me to, have been searching for the past few months on this. A marriage license may exist in Nebraska?? but I hate to request one from there if I am not sure, more money spent for nothing!! Then again, they may have never married? All we have is a picture of her in Alaska, the name Ralph Mcduffee, she called her husband, the census 1940 with a nickname used, and nothing more for her. She had been sending home money to help Donie Alta Thomas Watts. Her brother, Oza Jackson Thomas, went to Alaska to look for both her and, or Ralph and reported that the people of the village were friendly until he started asking about them. Of course this is mostly family oral history. We don't have any letters, etc...they haven't survived. We don't have any pictures of Ralph, as a grown man. The family always thought that claim jumpers had killed them both, but then Ralph isn't dead until the 1960's. That opened the door for a lot of questions?? I have searched every web-site I can find and continue to do so all the way from Arkansas. A some of info on the documents we have found is problematical, but signatures are so alike, I don't believe we are looking at different Ralphs. His obit stated, no known survivors. It's as if Dovie doesn't exist after 1939 on the Alaska census. Any more ideas?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rita_Bridges 5 Nov 2012 4:13AM GMT 
judyartley53 21 Nov 2012 8:00PM GMT 
RBestrom7380 23 Nov 2012 2:38AM GMT 
Rita_Bridges 24 Nov 2012 7:03PM GMT 
edevinneyak 2 Jan 2013 6:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions