Search for content in message boards

US District Ct. Alaska, 4th Div. Iditarod, 8/10/1912

Replies: 2

US District Ct. Alaska, 4th Div. Iditarod, 8/10/1912

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 11:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Curtin
Recently discovered that one of my great grandmother's brothers, Thomas Curtin, was convicted of larceny in the US District Ct in Iditarod and sentenced on 8/10/1912 to McNeil Island Penitentiary, Washington for two years.

My mother had related a story from her childhood of walking on the streets of Seattle with her mother, who upon seeing a man on the sidewalk in front of them, quickly crossed the street to avoid him. She had been told that it was one of my grandmother's uncles and a bad sort. Now I think I've discovered who that uncle was.

I would like to learn more of the details of this court case since it appears to have happened at the end of the gold rush and I wonder if Thomas was involved in some dealings regarding mining.

I've written the McNeil Pen folks and they don't have records that far back. The courts in Alaska have privacy issues and state that they probably don't have those records anyway. Anybody have any ideas about how to find out more?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wagonerp 5 Aug 2010 5:46PM GMT 
suerenkert 17 Sep 2010 9:50PM GMT 
PamelaWagoner... 17 Sep 2010 10:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions