Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth MARTIN adpoted 1894, b. Jan 1890 as Bertha Agnes MCMAHAN; Little Rock, AR

Replies: 4

Elizabeth MARTIN adpoted 1894, b. Jan 1890 as Bertha Agnes MCMAHAN; Little Rock, AR

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MARTIN, MCMAHAN, DAVIS, DOTY
Hi,
I am currently taking a college genealogy class and am looking for more information about my great, great grandmother Elizabeth MARTIN.

Elizabeth MARTIN (birth name Bertha Agnes MCMAHAN) was adopted by Henry MARTIN and Clara DAVIS (married to Henry MARTIN). She was born in early January 1890 although the date is unknown. She was adopted in November of 1894 and lived in Littlerock Arkansas.

Elizabeth MARTIN married someone with the surname DOTY, who was from Michigan, and they also adopted a daughter Claire DOTY (b.1915?- d. May 1981 in Helena Arkansas).

Very little is known about her birth parents, other than their last name (MCMAHAN), that her mother died in 1894 (November?) and her father was born in 1831-2? and died in Chicago in 1894. He had a previous wife before Elizabeth's mother and a son from that marriage lived in Chicago, which is why he said he went after Elizabeth's mother died.

Most of the information I have is from an old family journal I found. If you have any information about Elizabeth MARTIN, or her parents (biological or adoptive) it would be much appreciated.

Megan Armstrong

Researching: MARTIN, MCMAHAN, DAVIS, DOTY
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
megan_armstro... 2 Oct 2012 11:48PM GMT 
Will Johnson 2 Oct 2012 11:58PM GMT 
megan_armstro... 13 Oct 2012 2:53PM GMT 
dback1935 13 Oct 2012 3:21PM GMT 
megan_armstro... 13 Oct 2012 4:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions