Search for content in message boards

Smith family originally of Hickman Co TN in Carroll/Boone by 1852

Replies: 0

Smith family originally of Hickman Co TN in Carroll/Boone by 1852

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Crouch, Cox,
Hi Rooters,
I can't believe it. In the late 70s we were looking for land, had never set foot in Arkansas before, planned to go to Mountain Home, drove through Berryville and on to Harrison for the night, but Berryville just "grabbed" me for some unknown reason. I convinced my husband to turn around and go back. We bought land there and though we weren't able to stay long-term due to my husband's increasingly severe problems with muscular dystrophy I used to go into the genealogy library and sit frustrated because I could *feel* I had someone there, and had no idea who.

Turns out my dad's mother was born nearby and according to family information from a Smith cousin her grandmother and great-grandmother died in Carroll Co between 1851-1855.

They were Priscilla LNU b 1815 SC wife of Lawson Smith, and Lawson's mother Elizabeth LNU bn 1787 wife of Enoch John Smith. This family lived in Hickman Co TN until 1847, then moved to Ripley Co MO (1850 census) and then on to Carroll Co. Lawson remarried Lavina Cox Crouch (widow of John crouch) of Izard Co in 1855.

I don't know where they lived in the county, and there are no burials for them listed. I'm sure the graves are unmarked. What cemetery or cemeteries would be likely to hold pre-Civil war burials?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions