Search for content in message boards

Morrow descendants - DNA project

Replies: 6

Re: Morrow descendants - DNA project

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'll also send this via email, but, for the record:

I would love to hear the stories you have of D.G. and his brothers, as there are some open questions and inconsistent stories about how my ancestor Napoleon spent his youth. If you're so inclined, I've also posted what I know about the Morrows on WeRelate, and stories and further information can be posted here - http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Family:John_Morrow_and_Minerva_...

As for the ancestry past John, I can tell you that one of the "successes" of the Morrow DNA project since the original message was written has been to disprove the ancestry you mention. That was my theory too, but there are about a dozen participants with better documented lines back to that Virginia group of Morrows, and all of them match each other's DNA, but not this line (which is represented by both my father and a descendant of the brother of John (b. 1793 - father of D.G.)). Unfortunately those two do not match anyone else either, so the line past their parents (Robert and Elizabeth (Shaw)) is still a mystery.

Regards,
Amelia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AmeliaMorrowG... 19 May 2003 10:05PM GMT 
morrowkatheri... 31 Oct 2010 8:34PM GMT 
AmeliaMorrowG... 31 Oct 2010 11:00PM GMT 
DonOtt75 1 Nov 2010 6:03PM GMT 
DonOtt75 31 Oct 2010 9:47PM GMT 
jorietx 4 Mar 2012 3:57AM GMT 
MystyM 4 Mar 2012 7:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic