Search for content in message boards

McCracken Carr

Replies: 25

Re: McCracken Carr

Posted: 26 Dec 2006 1:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCracken
Elam Sulve McCracken, Jr. was born 11 Jan 1861 in Marion County AR, d. 23 Dec 1947, McIntosh County, OK, buried in Greenwood Cemetery, Eufaula, McIntosh, OK.

He was the son of Elam Sulve McCracken, Sr. ( Jr. is shown in some references as "infant male son" of Elam Sulve McCracken, Sr. ). Elam Sulve McCracken, Sr., was b. Jun 1837 in Nichols, Cannon, TN and d. 7 Dec 1912, Marion County, AR.

Elam Sulve McCracken, Sr., was the son of Elam George Washington McCracken (Elam G. W. McCracken) who was born in 1802 in NC and died 1880 in Marion County, AR.
My Grandfather, James Robert McCracken was the son of Elam Sulve McCracken, Jr..

I have considerable info vis a vis the McCracken, King, Massey/Maxey and others that followed each other, from NC/VA through Rutherford County, TN, then into Marion County, AR, thence to the Creek Nation, I.T. circa 1900. (what is now McIntosh County, OK, and vicinity.

My Grandfather, James Robert McCracken was Worshipful Master of the Eufaula Lodge #1, AF&AM when he was 24 y.o., and was the Worshipful Master when his FATHER Elam Sulve McCracken, Jr., was "raised" a Master Mason in Eufaula Lodge #1. Eufaula Lodge #1 (it really was and is the first lodge in what was the Creek Nation and later the State of Oklahoma), conferred the first three degrees of the Masonic Order in Creek and in English.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MystyMcPherso... 1 Mar 2005 2:25AM GMT 
Jane_Fitzmart... 1 Mar 2005 2:01AM GMT 
MystyMcPherso... 28 Feb 2005 11:00PM GMT 
LarryJoePayne 26 Dec 2006 8:28PM GMT 
JudyDavison82 3 Jun 2010 8:17PM GMT 
wdavis10 12 Feb 2013 2:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions