Search for content in message boards

old buffalo cem

Replies: 8

Re: old buffalo cem

Posted: 8 Nov 2010 9:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reeme
Thank you for checking these lists. It was very helpful. I have suspected for sometime that these graves were gone or not marked. John's middle initial is not "M". His oldest son was John M. Reeme. I mis-typed that, but you said there was no Reeme at..so that answered my question.

John's grave may have been marked at one time by his widow, but hers may not have been so carefully thought about, as the story goes when she died the four youngest of her stepchildren still at home were farmed out to neighbors to raise, and their farm taken over. I don't believe Mary had any children. The youngest daughter related to her descendants, that the family who took her in treated her like a servant, and her upbringing was not pleasant.

My ancestor, the oldest son, was married and in Mississippi and served in the Civil War, was unaware of his father and stepmother's deaths until he went back and found the house gone and the family gone. The three oldest daughters were married and moved away, so apparently they were unaware of this also. I have proof most of them did connect up much later, except for one son, Joseph Reeme b. 1854 AR...I have found nothing further on him.

Thanks again. Now I will not worry so much about finding their graves, as this probably confirms there is no record. On to other mysteries!

Doris

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cajuncreechur... 7 Apr 2010 11:53AM GMT 
MaxParnell74 7 Apr 2010 1:23PM GMT 
DonOtt75 7 Apr 2010 6:56PM GMT 
wendygirl 8 Nov 2010 2:24AM GMT 
MaxParnell74 8 Nov 2010 1:40PM GMT 
wendygirl 8 Nov 2010 4:29PM GMT 
MsEmmysMom 9 Nov 2010 2:32PM GMT 
MaxParnell74 9 Nov 2010 3:14PM GMT 
vlafferty 26 Feb 2013 4:03PM GMT 
per page