Search for content in message boards

Wood DNA

Replies: 8

Re: Wood DNA

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 5:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood
We had my brother's yDNA test completed last year and my mother's autosomal just last month. I am planning to do my autosomal when I return from vacation next month.

About 15 years ago, I spent a huge amount of time compiling everything I could find from many of the old sources about the early Wood families from the counties surrounding Marion County AR. I started a group email list of persons who were researching these families, inlcuding Mysty McPherson from Yellville. My purpose was to see if I could come up with any connection between my two Wood families and the other Wood families (Abraham Wood, Obediah Wood, and perhaps others).

I was never able to prove a connection, except by a couple of marrirages. Now I am working to see if I can prove a connection via genetic DNA. My hope is that I can find at least one qualifying male Wood descendant of Abraham and one of Obediah who will do a yDNA test at Family Tree DNA. If there is no connnection, then I can look elsewhere for clues to further the research of my two Wood families. Through the yDNA, I have discovered Wood families from Union Co. SC and Jackson Co. TN that are related to me, but at this point, I don't have enough information to figure out the most recent common ancestor that we share. Perhaps my autosomal DNA test will bring some clarity.

I would be delighted for you to join me on this quest. Please contact me via email - cathywoodosborn - gmail, and we can talk about it more.

Cathy Wood Osborn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cwoodosborn1 24 May 2013 8:06PM GMT 
Julie Roberds 7 Sep 2013 11:45PM GMT 
cwoodosborn1 7 Sep 2013 11:53PM GMT 
cwoodosborn1 7 Sep 2013 11:59PM GMT 
jennifer72113 9 Sep 2013 12:37PM GMT 
cwoodosborn1 9 Sep 2013 1:13PM GMT 
kheygen 9 Sep 2013 5:04PM GMT 
cwoodosborn1 9 Sep 2013 5:58PM GMT 
cwoodosborn1 10 Sep 2013 11:25AM GMT 
per page