Search for content in message boards

B. King, male, 7 yrs. Martha King 10 yrs., 1870 Washington Co. AR, living with S. B. Cornett - need parents

Replies: 4

Re: B. King, male, 7 yrs. Martha King 10 yrs., 1870 Washington Co. AR, living with S. B. Cornett - need parents

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Martha "Dutch" King married my gg grandfather Robert "Uncle Bob" Blevins. Uncle Bob as I knew him lived with my parents and me at Weeksbury, Ky until his death. Uncle Bob and Martha "Dutch" King were maried on March 30, 1878 and had 6 children of which my grandfather Harrison was the youngest. I remember uncle Bob very well because it was my dog he fell over and broke his hip. The broken hip was his demise I'm sorry to say.

I have been looking for information on his wife Martha "Dutch" King Blevins for some time now. Her grandsons Virgil who was my father and just passed away on 11/14/01, Eugene Blevins of South Charleston, Oh and Ralph Blevins, now in a nursing home in Springfield, Oh have all told me of their lives with Dutch. Dutch and Uncle Bob lived with their mother and father and all have stated she was a very dark skin woman of American Indian descent (choctow they beleive), tall and thin. All further state she had a great sense of humor and would work from daylight to dawn nonstop. Both dad and my uncles hated to see her and Uncle Bob come around because they too would have to work like dogs all day long. Of course all three said they were just a little lazy.

All of know of her is she is buried in Paintsville, Ky and until I can find time to get to that area I will remain in the dark on her side of the family. I would appreciate it if you could shed light on her past. If you can shed light you must be some kin of mine and I would love to talk with you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lilaswink111 24 Feb 2002 7:16PM GMT 
JohnSchwartz5... 27 Feb 2002 8:53PM GMT 
Lila Swink 28 Feb 2002 12:31AM GMT 
zlance71 26 Feb 2013 6:53PM GMT 
DeniseOHearen 11 Mar 2013 6:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions