Search for content in message boards

Wm REED m.10 Mar 1810 Peggy ROBERTSON

Replies: 9

Re: Wm REED m.10 Mar 1810 Peggy ROBERTSON

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 7:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I recently came across your comments regards William Reed and Margaret Robertson Reed of Northwest Arkansas.

I hate to burst ones bubble relating a Maj. John Reed as father to this William Reed
but there is no connection. I have numerous documents from Washington Co. and Independence Co, Arkansas, Livingston Co. and Nelson Co., Kentucky and other research documents by other researchers who put the family back to North Carolina and I have conducted further research that goes back to Augusta Co., Virginia.
William Reed’s parents were Joseph and Sara Reed (Sara’s maiden name is unknown) of Livingston Co., KY and Margaret Robertson Reed’s parents were George and Elinder Robertson (Maiden name unknown), also of Livingston County, KY.

Without going into a lot of detail I will mention the following:

William and Margaret Robertson Reed are my 3rd great grandparents, through their two sons, Andrew Buchanan Reed and Joseph Green Reed, both born in the Boonsboro (Cane Hill) area of Washington County, Arkansas after William and Margaret moved to Washington Co. in 1828 from Livingston Co., Kentucky via Independence Co, Arkansas (Near Rosie township on the White River. The 180 acres owned by William was astride the White River ¼ of a mile East of what is called Oil Trough).

A Marriage bond date 19 March 1810 by William Reed and Joseph Reed (his father) for William Reed and Peggy Robertson (Margaret Robertson). Signed William Reed and Joseph Reed. Another document pertaining to the said bond also dated 19 March 1810 signed by the Justice of the Peace Enoch Prince.

In 1821 William and Margaret Robertson Reed sell 78 acres to William’s father-in-law, George Robertson. The land was on Deer Creek, not far from Loa.

An Indenture dated 22 September 1814 mentions Joseph Reed, present High Sheriff of Livingston County, KY. He had also been Justice of the Peace.

Not long after 1814, Joseph Reed and two sons, John Reed and Deacon Reed are located near Rosie Township on the White River Southeast of what would be Batesville, Independence Co., Arkansas. On 16 Feb. 1818, Joseph Reed makes a Last Will & Testiment and appoints John Reed and Dacon Reed his executors as well as Guardians for his infant son Robert M.J. Reed. Note: His first wife Sara died (date unknown) and he remarried in Livingston Co., KY, before moving to Arkansas. Shortly after Dacon Reed also dies without a will.

This is enough information for now. I just completed research (August 2013) on the location of Joseph Reed’s farm in Nelson Co., Kentucky, 4 miles south of Bardstown on the Beech Folk River. This is the location of William Reeds birth in 1787.

Respectfully,
Larry G. Howard
lgenehoward@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pmwilson84 3 Jul 2011 2:01AM GMT 
DebiBar 3 Jul 2011 8:41PM GMT 
pmwilson84 3 Jul 2011 10:26PM GMT 
DebiBar 4 Jul 2011 2:23PM GMT 
lgenehoward10... 9 Jan 2014 3:37AM GMT 
bunhun 4 Jul 2011 1:41PM GMT 
DebiBar 4 Jul 2011 2:25PM GMT 
pmwilson84 7 Jul 2011 11:53PM GMT