Search for content in message boards

Handwritten Paper found with names Johnson, West, Oliver and Barker

Replies: 1

Handwritten Paper found with names Johnson, West, Oliver and Barker

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 2:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, West, Oliver, Barker
My son was riding his bike in Pittsburg, KS by the hospital and saw an old piece of paper on the ground. He picked it up and gave it to me. If this belongs to anyone I'd love to return it. The paper is 4 inches by 10 1/2 inches and written with pencil. I'd guess the paper to be from the 1940s based yellowing, penmanship, on other papers I've seen. I'll transcribe it here for anyone interested.

"Grandfather-Johnson, Benjamin Franklin Johnson was born Oct. 14, 1803 in East Tenn.

He May have been born near Clynton(? Clinton?) East Tenn. Any way that was where he met and married Martha Muse Oliver, on Nov. 26, 1826 (the date is scratched out).

They moved too Washington County, Ark. near Fayetteville + lived there untill the Civil War, then went to Fort Scott, Kansas and remained there untill 1866. Then returned to their home in Ark.

Then Grandmother died and then I sold the farm + moved to Jasper County near Carthage, Mo and then married Jane Elizabeth West Barker. A daughter of Johnathan R. West, who was a Methodist minister, a follower of John Westley the great evangelist of his day.

Martha Muse Oliver Johnson, was born near Clynton, East Tenn. Nov. 26, 1826 (the year has two lines through it). Died Jan 26, 1866."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RobertLindsey... 25 Jul 2012 8:43PM GMT 
PaSain 19 Aug 2012 1:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic