Gleaned from Washington Co. AR "Flashback" in 1960s by Lucille Garner of Jacksboro TX.
John W. Simpson m.ca.1835 Elizabeth Adams,in Washington Co. AR. John Simpson was b.ca. 1815 & Elizabeth Adams b.ca.1817.
They probably had several children before 1850. Where?
Their son, Wm.T. Simpson b.18 Apr 1850, d.16 Oct 1889 &
m.22 Jul 1875 Washington Co. AR to Mahala S. Ritter, d/o Young E. Ritter & Melinda Wilson [b.7 May 1814 IL/KY].
Melinda Joined the White River Cumberland Presybterian Church with her mother, Martha Reed Wilson Ritter, in 1831. Melinda's mother m1.Jeremiah Wilson & m2.Daniel Ritter, f/o Young E. Ritter by a prior marriage.
Wm. Simpson & Mahala Ritter had 6 children:
1. Cora D. Simpson b.13 Sep 1876 in Washington Co.AR
2. Hugh Simpson b.11 Apr 1879 "
3. Inez Ida Simpson b.31 May 1881 " & d. 8 Jul 1889
4. Hosea Andrew Simpson b.6 Aug 1883 "
5. Mattie S Simpson b.2 Feb 1885 " & d.30 Jun 1886
6. Roy T Simpson b.20 Apr 1887 " & d. 9 Jul 1888
Also from Bible - - perhaps a stepchild or nephew?
Don Ade Coots b.27 Nov 1872
It may have been Hugh & Hosea who Lucille recalled plowing fields with a mule during the Depression. They were about the sweetest tempered men she ever met.