Search for content in message boards

Surnames from White County

Replies: 38

Re: Mt. Pisgah?

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 2:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2002 9:40PM GMT
HI gray , MT pisgah is near the town called lotonia in white county i have many grand parents interred there .. hope this helps i replys not only to your question but y9our surnames a well my grand mother wa a Griffith and Pruitt as well from the same area
Rick L Ramsey

This is the OBIT of my beloved Grandmother Stella Corrine GRIFFITH Ramsey Born in White county Ark may 8 1911 at Mt pisgah White County Arkansas she is the Dau, of William Stanhope Baxter Griffith and Lillie Admara Pruitt Griffith
< Admara is the dau of ALFORD K Pruitt and Mary (VARNER) Pruitt of Mt pisgah Arkansas theses Grand parents are all buried in Mt Pisgah Cemetery , Stella GRIFFITH Ramsey Married Thomas Jefferson Ramsey IN white county , Thomas Jefferson Ramsey is the Son Of Dozier Ramsey And EVE J Bass , Dosier Ramsey Is the son OF Randal A Ramsey and Feribey (GREER) Ramsey the Dau OF Alfred Greer , Of White county Alfred was married October 13, 1839,
in Alabama, to Miss Elizabeth J. Waters, a daughter of William and Feriberry
Waters. and their union has been blessed by the birth of ten children, three
boys and seven girls: William V., Elisha J., Hiram A., Mary F., Nancy,
Feribey, Lucinda, Susan F., Georgia F. and Margaret E. who died in 1846. I thought id send this in to HONOR all my family the helped build White county and town around Mt pisgah WHITE county Arkansas Thanks so much for the WHITE COUNTY OBIT posting site .
Rick L Ramsey son of J.H. (Joseph Hall Ramsey & Oneta Mae (HODGE)COOK, Heffington ,) Ramsey of El paso and OPal White county Arkansas G/son of Stella Corrine (griffith) Ramsey & Thomas Jefferson Ramsey

Stella Corrine Ramsey

Born: May 8, 1911
Died: January 17, 2001

Stella Corrine Ramsey, 89 of Conway, died Wednesday, January 17, 2001. She was born May 8, 1911 in Mt. Pisgah (White County), Arkansas, the daughter of the late William Stanhope Baxter and Lillie Admara Pruitt Griffith. Mrs. Ramsey was a housewife and member of Somers Avenue Church of Christ in North Little Rock. She was preceded in death by her husband, Thomas Jefferson Ramsey; four sons, J.H. Ramsey, Thomas Ramsey, Billy Ramsey, and Jimmy Dale Ramsey; and sister, Clara H. Griffith. She is survived by seven daughters, Jefferene Hoofman of Vilonia, Bobbie Moncrief of Maumelle, Dorothy Orr of Texarkana, AR, Theda McGhee of Perry, Sandra Roberts of Scott, Patsy Martin of Conway, Deborah Wright of Rison; three sons, Johnny Ramsey of North Little Rock, Danny Ramsey of Cabot, Fred Ramsey of Romance; three brothers, Eugene S. Griffith of Conway, James William Griffith of Vilonia, Melmern (Beade) Griffith of Vilonia; sister, Sarah E. Bridges of Searcy; 31 grandchildren, and 39 great-grandchildren. Services will be Friday, January 19, 2001 at 10:00 a.m. at Mars Hill Church of Christ in Vilonia with Mr. Oran Burt and Mr. Jerry Riley officiating. Burial will be in Cypress Valley Cemetery. The pallbearers will be Mrs. Ramsey’s grandsons: Stephen Ramsey, Roger Ramsey, Johnny Ray Ramsey, David Orr, Allen McGhee, Dennis McGhee, Terry Roberts, Scott Ramsey, Chad Ramsey, Ricky Ramsey, Ronnie Ramsey, and Shane Martin. Family visitation is Thursday, January 18, 2001 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Roller-McNutt Funeral Home of Conway.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TLampo|MA5553... 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT 
John Wilmeth 2 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
A R Bryant-Bennett 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
scottartan 7 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
TLampo|MA5553... 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Gary Abrahams 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Ron Strong 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
arkgen68 7 Apr 2011 3:19AM GMT 
B Light 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
RickRamsey501 9 Oct 2001 8:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions