Ancestors of Arthur Lee Hunnicutt
Generation No. 1
1. Arthur Lee Hunnicutt, born 1910 in Gravelly, Arkansas; died 1979 in ? buried at Coop Prairie Cemetery at
Mansfield, Arkansas. He was the son of 2. Wesley Cody Hunnicutt and 3. Della Snipes. He married (1) Pebble
Generation No. 2
2. Wesley Cody Hunnicutt, born June 3, 1876 in Arkansas1,2; died April 21, 1962 in Arkansas, buried Young
Gravelly Cemetery in Yell County. He was the son of 4. James [John?] Wesley Hunnicutt and 5. Millia Ann Cagle.
He married 3. Della Snipes Bet. 1899 - 19003.
3. Della Snipes, born September 30, 1879 in Arkansas; died September 4, 1945 in Arkansas, buried Young Gravelly Cemetery in Yell County.
Children of Wesley Hunnicutt and Della Snipes are:
i. Julian Hunnicutt, born about 19004; married Thula T. Harris Aft. 1968.
ii. Arthur Lee Hunnicutt, born 1910 in Gravelly, Arkansas; died 1979 in ? buried at Coop Prairie
Cemetery at Mansfield, Arkansas; married Pebble Pauline Lile.
iii. Eugene Hunnicutt, born about 1903.
iv. Frances Hunnicutt, born about 1905.
v. Alvin "Uncle Bill" Hunnicutt, born Aft. 1910.
Generation No. 3
4. James [John?] Wesley Hunnicutt5, born September 1, 1833 in North Carolina. He was the son of 8. Jess Hunnicutt and 9. Sarah Wilbanks. He married 5. Millia Ann Cagle.
5. Millia Ann Cagle.
Child of James Hunnicutt and Millia Cagle is:
2 i. Wesley Cody Hunnicutt, born June 3, 1876 in Arkansas; died April 21, 1962 in Arkansas, buried Young Gravelly Cemetery in Yell County; married Della Snipes Bet. 1899 - 1900.
Generation No. 4
8. Jess Hunnicutt. He married 9. Sarah Wilbanks.
9. Sarah Wilbanks.
Children of Jess Hunnicutt and Sarah Wilbanks are:
i. Eight other Hunnicutt children, born Bef. 1830.
4 ii. James [John?] Wesley Hunnicutt, born September 1, 1833 in North Carolina; married Millia Ann
iii. Jesse Randolph Hunnicutt, born October 28, 1839 in Walhalla, South Carolina; married (1) Irene Laduskia Cagle; married (2) Laura J. Porter.
1. "Scott County, Gateway to the West" by O. Alden Smith, 9? [my note: there is no #8 listed. typo?] Wesley Cody Hunnicutt ( June 3, 1876) (April 21,1962) md. Della Snipes (Sept. 30, 1879 - (Sept. 41 1945). Cody taught school at several locations. They made their home in Gravelly at the former HOTEL WILSON which was made into a residence. Their children were, Gene Hunnicutt; Julian Hunnicutt;Frances Hunnicutt; Arthur Lee Hunnicutt,of movie fame; and Alvin Hunnicutt, referred to even as a child by the nickname "Uncle Bill"..
2. 1910 Census, Yell County, Gravelly Twp with wife, Della, sons Jullian  , Eugene , daughter, Frances Millie?  and Arthur Lee, looks like 1/12.
3. 1910 Census, marriage years are nearly illegilble, looks like 11 but may be is 7?, but he is shown with his parents in 1900, so.
4. Yell County Cemeteries, New Bethel Cemetery, Yell County, Arkansas -- Hunnicutt, Julian O. 9 Feb 1900 12 Sep 1985.
5. "Scott County, Gateway to the West" by O. Alden Smith, pages 96-98 gives info on this family.
I have a .jpg copy of Arthur Lee Hunnicutt's obit, if anyone is interested in a copy and can take a jpg attachment.
My father was well acquainted with Arthur, as he was a cousin, and also Arthur taught him in school. Thula Harris whose second husband was Julian Hunnicutt, was the sister of my grandmother, Ollie Harris Morrow.