Search for content in message boards

Cecelia R. ??? born abt 1908 in ND married to Rudolph F. BOHME - lived Oakland, CA.

Replies: 4

Cecelia R. ??? born abt 1908 in ND married to Rudolph F. BOHME - lived Oakland, CA.

Posted: 21 Apr 2007 9:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maggs, Bohme, Villalon
Cecelia R ???, born: 02 Oct 1908 in ND, died: 24 Jul 1984 in Oakland, CA
Married Rudolph 'Rudy' F. BOHME (born: 1906 in Germany, died: 1976 in CA)

I am trying to learn the surname(s) of Cecelia and if she is connected to my family by adoption.

In my family I have a Cecelia (last name unknown) who was adopted by my great-grandaunt/uncle, Eliza & ??? MAGGS. I do not know the name of Cecelia's biological parents and am trying to find out if the above Cecelia is the same Cecelia adopted by my family. According to Eliza MAGGS obituary she had an adopted daughter named Cecelia BOHME living in Oakland, CA in 1941. The earliest I can find Cecelia R. living with Eliza MAGGS is in the 1920 census listed as Ruby C aged 10 in Colville, Stevens, WA.

These are my findings from Ancestry and various newspapers:

1 Cecelia R. ??? 02 Oct 1908 in ND - 24 Jul 1984
. +Rudolph 'Rudy' F. BOHME 1906 - 1976
........ 2 private BOHME
............ +private VILLALON
................... 3 Randall Edward VILLALON 1957 - 1971
................... 3 private VILLALON
................... 3 private VILLALON

In the obituary of the Randall Edward VILLALON, grandson of Cecelia & Rudolph BOHME it states his grandparents were: Mr. and Mrs. Rudy BOHME and his great grandmother was Mrs. Agnes GOIN.

In the California Death Index it states that Cecelia's mother's maiden name was KING and her father was GOIN. I am thinking it is possible that maybe the death index listed her biological parent's names (possible Mrs. Agnes GOIN) instead of her adopted parents of Eliza & ??? MAGGS.

I am thinking that maybe an obituary for Cecelia R. BOHME who died in Oakland, Alameda Co, CA on 24 Jul 1984 might mention more about Agnes GOINS (biological mother) and Eliza MAGGS (possible adopted mother) but I cannot locate an obituary from her. Since I live in Canada I can only rely on only obits and although I have found the obit for Cecelia's husband Rudolph BOHME in 1976 I cannot locate her obit from 1984.

I think the two Cecelia's above are the same person - being the Cecelia Ruby that adopted by great grandaunt/uncle Eliza MAGGS but I don't want to assume as that could make a huge error in my files if they turn out to be two different people.

Would anyone happen to know if Cecelia R. ??? (1908-1984) that was married to Rudolph F. BOHME was adopted/raised by Eliza MAGGS and not her biological mother Agnes GOIN (nee KING)?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cts605 21 Apr 2007 3:51PM GMT 
metaphor 21 Apr 2007 3:56PM GMT 
metaphor 21 Apr 2007 4:05PM GMT 
metaphor 21 Apr 2007 5:18PM GMT 
Tim Roberson 12 Jan 2013 5:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions