Search for content in message boards

Death - SHUBIN, Walter Vassilli (1950-2004)

Replies: 0

Death - SHUBIN, Walter Vassilli (1950-2004)

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Death
http://www.bakersfield.com/local/story/5161189p-5200616c.htm...
Man found dead in apparent homicide
The Bakersfield Californian

Neighbors or police apparently tried to wash the bloodstains from the concrete walkway in front of the southwest Bakersfield apartment late Sunday morning -- but they didn't get it all.
That's where Bakersfield police found the body of Walter Vassili Shubin, 54, just a few yards outside the small apartment where neighbors said he lived alone.

Just before 7 a.m. Sunday, police responded to a call of a man down at the 2100 block of Pinon Springs Circle, just south of Ming Avenue, said Lt. Hajir Nuriddin.

Officers found Shubin's body in the flower bed in front of his neighbors' apartment, a victim of an apparent homicide.

There was blood and obvious signs of trauma, Nuriddin said. But the type of weapon used had not been determined by Sunday afternoon.

"He did sustain some type of trauma," Nuriddin said. "But we don't have details on that yet."

None of the neighbors appeared to know the victim very well. But Michael Garcia, who lives in the unit next door, knew Shubin well enough to call him by his first name.

"His name was Walter. I didn't know his last name," Garcia said Sunday. "I know he had some problems, but otherwise he was a great guy. I could have a regular conversation with him."

No arrests had been made by late Sunday.
Investigation Continues In Early Morning Murder

December 20, 2004

BAKERSFIELD -- Police are still investigating a murder that happened early Sunday morning.

Walter Shubin was found lying face down in a bed of flowers at an apartment complex on Pinon Springs Circle in southwest Bakersfield.

Police did determine that Shubin had been the victim of a homicide.

No suspects have been arrested in connection with the murder.

If you have any information you're asked to contact the Bakersfield Police Department at 327-7111.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions