Search for content in message boards

Indiana Families living in Glendale California 1925

Replies: 2

Indiana Families living in Glendale California 1925

Posted: 25 Oct 2008 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson, Armstrong, Bakes, Banta, Bear, Bechtol, Bettens, Bledsoe, Carter, Cole, Cox, Dalmazzo, DeBell, Dufour, Eaton, Gilbert, Golay, Houze, Knox, Long, Loring, LeClerc, O'Neal, Ormsby, Owens, Patton, Shaw, Spray, Stewart, Storm, Summers, Tait, Trafelet, Walton,
Looking for descendants of following ladies. In 1999 I posted the following newpaper clipping from Vevay, Switzerland County, Indiana on Rootsweb. I found this article very interesting and have tried to identify all of the ladies mentioned. I recently received an email inquiry about this item and decided to post it again. I have additional information that is too lengthy to add here. Some of the data is speculation, some are not yet identified. I welcome any additional information.My notations to the original article are in square brackets.

"About 25 young ladies formerly of Vevay [Switzerland County Indiana] were entertained at tea at the home of Mrs. Don Lee Stewart (nee Fay Knox) in Glendale, Calif, Monday April 6th. [estimated 1925] Mrs. Elizabeth Houze Knox was co-hostess and Mrs. Julia [LeClerc] Williams, who is a house guest of Mr. & Mrs. Clarence Knox, was the guest of honor. The tea table was very attractively decorated in yellow and orchid tulle sweet peas, yellow candles and orchid tulle. Mesdames, Eloine Patton Knox, Gertrude Houze Eaton and Lella Dufour Bledsoe assisted at the tea table and about the rooms. An amusing game originated by the hostess and featuring the names of the guest was enjoyed, Mrs. John P. Carter [Janelle Long] receiving the prize. A picture of eucalyptus trees with the names of those present was a momento to Mrs. Williams."
"Those invited were. Mesdames, Eloine [Patton] Knox, Gertrude [Houze] Eaton, Lella [Dufour] Bledsoe, Bell Long, Lillie [Armstrong] Spray, Anna [Armstrong] Loring, Jennie Carter, Nona [Long] Walton, Bertha Bettens Debell, Martha [Long] Cole, Isabel Gilbert, Stella Bettens Storm, Edith Loring Bechtol, Lulu [Banta] Dalmazzo, May [Cox] LeClerc, Macaire [LeClerc] Anderson, Graham Ormsby [Elizabeth O'Neal], Fannie [Walton] Tait, Grace [Golay] Shaw, Citha Bear, Fannie Bakes."
"Misses, Madge Patton, Lou Owens, Lillian Trafelet, Edith Golay, Marion Dalmazzo, Jean Tait, Phylis Summers and Elizabeth Shaw. Mrs. Williams who has been the incentive for many delightful affairs during her visit to Calif., will leave for Judson, Arizona on the 19th where she will spend a few days and will arrive in Vevay the later part of the month."
[Source LDS Film #1311738. Misc.clippings from unidentified newspapers, no date.]
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eloine26 25 Oct 2008 8:53PM GMT 
BJK31441 16 Jan 2013 10:04PM GMT 
eloine26 17 Jan 2013 6:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions