Search for content in message boards

Edna Gertrude Russell and Oscar Jones

Replies: 1

Edna Gertrude Russell and Oscar Jones

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Russell, Carrier, Jones
Hello!
I am doing some research for a friend of mine who is descended from Edna Gertrude Russell (this is her maiden name to the best of my knowledge).
She was born in Texas, 1884. There are stories of kidnapping (she left from Colorado with her two children, Lester and Everett Brewer). Married an Oscar Jones (b. 1883, Texas) and raised the boys as well as a daughter, Vivian (my friend's line), in Los Angeles. I have come across some articles about the kidnapping.
I am having trouble figuring out what happened after 1920 (where the family is living in Winslow, Arizona). I believe Gertrude shows up at San Quentin prison in 1930 (not sure why!); and Oscar appears to be remarried in Klamath Falls, Oregon in 1930 (his mother is also with him).
The story is very winding and confusing... I found a 1945 marriage record for Oscar and Gertrude (second marriage for them? Or maybe they were never actually married before?). It lists them both as having been divorced (with Gertrude's previous husband's surname as Carrier.

I will provide more information if needed, but I've listed most all of what I know. Is there any way to find prison records for San Quentin? Or is anyone able to locate a death date or cemetery information for Gertrude? Obituaries?

This is a bit of a rushed research help request (I am leaving for work shortly!), so my apologies. I will check back this evening and possibly clarify some of this. A huge thanks to any go-getters out there who are up for helping me out. It's panning out into a bit of an exciting genealogical challenge!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BranPNW 6 Feb 2013 5:49PM GMT 
BranPNW 7 Feb 2013 8:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions