Search for content in message boards

A.W.Brown & Son Funeral Home

Replies: 11

Re: A.W.Brown & Son Funeral Home

Susanne Brown (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 10:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you again Lee, I needed your calm, clear thinking on this matter. I will place another call this evening to Pierce Bros. I also checked < FamilySearch.org > and found that the Family History Library in Salt Lake City has microfilmed many records from Pierce Bros. (263 reels!). It also appears that Pierce Bros. has purchased many mortuaries over the years i.e. Cunningham & O'Connor, Jones and Hamrock, Lincoln Heights and "others" in the L.A. area. A.W.Brown & Son was not specifically listed but perhaps is included under the "other" category or had been purchased by one of the mortuaries listed above. Another purchase by Pierce at some point was "Godeau & Martinoni Funeral Directors and Embalmers (Los Angeles) which is listed separately and has a total of 48 reels. With all these options, it is hard to know where I might find "Brown & Son", but at least now I "have" options! Also, I am relieved that these mortuary records have been microfilmed. It is scary to think how much information could be lost if the originals are not preserved in some fashion. It is a reminder that we should all support such efforts.
<<
PIerce Brothers is a large firm. It looks like you talked with an uncooperative staff member. Most mortuaries are staffed 24 hours. Why not call at a different time, like late at night, in hopes of reaching someone more helpful. That person on the late night shift just might have time to go through the old files for you. Good luck. >>
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susanne Brown 3 Feb 2003 2:53AM GMT 
Lee Nichols 9 Feb 2003 4:39AM GMT 
Susanne Brown 9 Feb 2003 4:36PM GMT 
Susanne Brown 10 Feb 2003 9:02PM GMT 
Lee Nichols 11 Feb 2003 1:05AM GMT 
Susanne Brown 11 Feb 2003 5:01PM GMT 
Lee Nichols 11 Feb 2003 6:01PM GMT 
Susanne Brown 12 Feb 2003 1:35AM GMT 
Lee Nichols 12 Feb 2003 4:17PM GMT 
Diane Nance 20 Jan 2004 6:37PM GMT 
per page