Search for content in message boards

June Elizabeth Boyle d)18 Jun 1957 obit lookup

Replies: 2

Re: June Elizabeth Boyle d)18 Jun 1957 obit lookup

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Judy,

I have found a lot in a month. What you found I already have as you were probably looking at MY private tree. I have her parents names now. Her sisters Ruth and Hazel Mills grew up as orphans in Oakland. They even went to Hawaii probably as missionaries.

I have the newspapers for Bessie's marriage to Henry Hambly and their divorce. I saw the SF City Directories as I am from the Bay Area and have exhausted those resources. I don't think my Bessie was a widow because she was divorced. I have seen another Bessie and H. Hambly.

No, I do not have June Elizabeth Boyle's obit. I was hoping someone in Napa could look up the newspaper for me which is why I posted on the Napa board. Maybe someone in Napa can look up Napa City Directories for me without me having to repost.

The reason why I did not order the birth record from S.F. is because there are too many different dates and I don't want to be charged for each miss. Plus she was born in 1880 and the newspapers are a better source than finding out there is no record due to the SF earthquake and fire.

I don't usually order the death certificate either as the informant is usually someone who did not know her very well (like her second husband). She did not have children from her two marriages.

I wonder if there is a Napa Library that has a historical newspaper online just like SF and San Jose have historical news online. Or maybe someone going to the Napa Library or genealogical society can look up the obit for me?

Karyn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
soundwebb 6 Mar 2012 2:08AM GMT 
judyartley53 25 Apr 2012 2:29AM GMT 
soundwebb 27 Apr 2012 4:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic