Search for content in message boards

obit lookup? moyer in lodi sentinel

Replies: 1

Re: obit lookup? moyer in lodi sentinel

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 12:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: moyer
I just happened to stumble across this notice while browsing (googling) my father's name. My father was Samuel Payne Moyer - the very one who died in Galt, CA in 1996.

My father and mother were divorced shortly after I was born in May of 1934. Well, after he earned his MSChemE in Alaska and moved to his new job in California, he divorced my mother, so I'm not entirely sure when the divorce took place.

I met my father once when he passed through Denver. I was about 13 or 14, and he and I had dinner at a restaurent in downtown Denver (where my mother and I lived at the time).

My mother died unexpectedly following a surgical procedure in October of 1950. None of my family were in a position to take me in, so the court in Denver contacted my dad who was living and working in Butte, Montana at the time, and my Dad and Doris agreed to take me in.

That happy family reunion didn't work out. I ran from home after a few months, they found me and brought me back, and I ran again a couple of months later. Doris's son was serving in Korea at the time, so he and I never met. I believe he was about three years older than I.

My dad and I never had contact again, via any means, so I'm probably the least qualified to offer you any additional information on him. The only reason I know of his death in Galt is because my oldest son, Kurt, now 57, decided to do some family research and came up with the information.

Nonetheless, it would appear that you and I may be related - first cousins, it would appear - and if you're interested I'd be delighted to enter into a family discussion with you and become better acquainted.

We probably oughtta do it soon, since I'm turning 79 next month, haha. Just kidding. I'm very healthy and physically active. I have a lot of kids and grandkids and great-grandkids living in the San Jose / Santa Cruz area, although my wife and I live in Florida.

Sincerely,
Sam
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
twomomsof3 22 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
oldjarhd 29 Apr 2013 6:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions