Search for content in message boards

Obituary Lookup please for Henry Watson "Joe Bill" FOREHAND

Replies: 3

Re: Obituary Lookup please for Henry Watson "Joe Bill" FOREHAND

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 12:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Social Security Death Index:
Henry W. Forehand, born 4 June 1917, died 20 Jan 1999, "last residence:" Vacaville, Solano Co. CA.
--The "last residence" on the SSDI is NOT necessarily where a person actually lived or died. The Social Security Administration calls it simply the "home of record." It is not necessarily where any benefit was paid to the person, survivor, or the lumpsum death benefit (in 1999 it was paid to anyone paying burial expenses, family member, funeral home, city/county, attorney). It is sometimes the location where the notification of death was sent to the SSA, sometimes where the lump sum death benefit was sent.

Henry is buried in Contra Costa County:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=fo...;

Nell Ray appears to be the daughter of Arthur J and Miranda, living in East Eldorado, Saline Co, IL in the 1930 Census; and in the 1940 Census.
--The CA Death Index:
Nell Bernice (Ray) Forehand died 19 June 1995 in Contra Costa County. She was born 29 June 1921 in Illinois.

The Contra Costa County Recorder
http://www.criis.com/contracosta.html
has a number of documents recorded in the names of Henry W and Nell B Forehand. One is an Affidavit/Declaration of Death filed on 2/17/1999. Also filed was a copy of a Trust documentation. These filings are usual after death to dispose of property or financial settlements. These documents would indicate if there were family members/heirs. In 1995, Henry revoked a trust and documented a deed (property).

I could not find a court case (Probate, etc) in Contra Costa County.

"IF" there were no children or family in the area, there might not have been an obituary for Henry. I'd suggest you search for Nell's obit, which Henry may have provided funds. I'd contact the cemetery to see if they have any information (Death certificate, obit, etc). If they can provide the name of the funeral home, contact them, they may have written the obit or have other records. They may not provide you with information, but I have seen persons providing a self addressed stamped envelope with a letter to forward to the family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heavywait29 19 Jul 2012 5:04AM GMT 
judyartley53 9 Sep 2012 1:51AM GMT 
heavywait29 9 Sep 2012 3:20AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 9 Sep 2012 6:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic